🎙️Show Notes for Episode 134 - Make The Most Of Q4 As An Independent ConsultantOct 04, 2023
It’s common for independent consultants to struggle with landing new business in Q4. It is easy for independent consultants to fall into common Q4 traps such as end-of-year procrastination and throwing in the towel toward year-end.. Instead of actively engaging in this crucial time of year, they get tempted by the idea of a fresh start and focus on the new year.
So, in today's episode, Melisa explains how to make the most out of Q4 as an independent consultnat. She explains how to overcome negativity, shift to a productive mindset, and develop a strong plan to finish the year.
The main points Melisa covers in this episode include:
- Common Q4 thinking for independent consultants
- How to avoid the common Q4 traps
- How to look through the lens of a business owner instead of an employee
- A framework to optimize Q4 results
Tune in to this week's episode to learn how to make the most out of Q4 as an independent consultant.
KEY POINTS IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:30] Personal Update
- [03:00] Intro Today’s Topic
- [04:18] Companion Resource Recommendation - Consultant’s Yearly Business Plan
- [05:25] Episode Agenda
- [06:14] Common Q4 Thinking
- [06:25] Corporate clients aren’t buying at year end
- [06:46] It’s hard to juggle everything during busy season
- [07:15] One foot in Q4, one in foot in next year
- [08:10] How to Overcome the Mindset: Clients Aren’t Buying at Year End
- [12:55] Tips to make the most of a shorter selling quarter
- [09:08] Confirmation bias - how is this not true?
- [12:00] It is true, so what?
- [16:29] How to Overcome the Mindset: It’s Hard to Juggle Everything
- What are the most impactful activities in your business?
- How can I make sure those get done?
- How can I make it more simple to get the result that I'm looking for?
- [17:50] Stop thinking like an employee, start thinking like a business owner
- [20:15] Questions to initiate business owner thinking
- [22:30] Don’t Write Off Q4 and Rush into Next Year
- [23:20] Examples of non-productive thinking
- [24:17] Set up Q4 goals as a business owner
- [25:00] Framework to Overcome Traps
- [25:15] Identify which trap you are falling into
- [26:50] Identify where you’re thinking as an employee instead of an owner
- [27:17] Ask powerful business owner questions
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE —
- I invite you to book a Strategy Consultation call with me. On this call, we'll dive into your business, get clear on your goals and challenges and determine an action plan for you so that you can create the business impact, income, and flexibility that you desire. To book yours, click here.
- Want to make this your best year yet? Start by filling out the Consultant’s Yearly Business Plan
FOR MORE RESOURCES SPECIFIC TO THE INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT —
- Discuss working with me as your coach - Click here to schedule your consultation
- Watch my YouTube Podcast Channel
RATE, REVIEW, & FOLLOW ON APPLE PODCASTS –
If you love the content that I am providing, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — to create a growing, profitable IC business.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode.