EP. 002 Making Time for Business DevelopmentMar 29, 2021
Business development is a critical component to the growth and survival of your Independent Consulting company. Business development includes executing activities that create a pipeline of opportunities and a process to pitch, sell and close the work.
Finding time for new business development can be difficult for many Independent Consultants. There always seems to be another priority or a pressing client deliverable.
If you're not making time to renew your pipeline, you are most likely stalling your growth and longevity.
In this episode, I’ll share with you three concrete and practical strategies for finding time for business development, even if you are oversubscribed.
In this episode, we will discuss...
- [03:35] The real reason we say we don’t have time
- [06:03] Roadmap to create the time for business development
- [06:22] How to determine what you already know, to work on your business efficiently
- [09:50] Scheduling time for business development, making a no-fail plan
- [11:00] How to use the 4x3 RAM Method to create your business development plan
- [13:32] Being consistent with your business development strategy
RESOURCES MENTIONED —
SEE WHAT I’M UP TO —
RATE, REVIEW, & SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS –
If you love the content that I am providing, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — create a growing, profitable IC business.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
And, if you haven’t done so already, please consider subscribing to the podcast. New episodes drop weekly and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
Learn Where Independent Consultants (Like You) Find New Clients
- The ebook will give you the inspiration you need to create an endless pipeline of clients.
- Find a business development approach that resonates with you, so can actually enjoy your marketing and sales process
- You'll be surprised at how easy some of the methods to find and land new clients can be.