EP. 028 5 Key Differences Between A Job Search and Selling Consulting [PART 2]Sep 23, 2021
If you approach selling consulting in the same way you approach a job search, you’ll end up under-earning and under-utilized. In this episode, I share 2 differences between a job search and selling consulting services, so you can avoid these costly mistakes.
In this episode, I walk you through two additional differences between a job search and your consulting business development process. After you recognize the differences, you’ll be able to position yourself more effectively, and in turn, land more lucrative and fulfilling consulting clients.
On this episode, I will discuss:
[01:34] Recap of the three differences discussed in episode 027
[08:09] Difference #4 - Taking the lead in the offer and negotiation process rather than relying on the hiring team to present an offer to you
[12:59] Difference #5 - Approaching your consulting work as a consultant vs. a job seeker in the onboarding process
[17:03] Wrap up
[20:01] Putting this episode into action
And here’s the table I referenced for you:
Ready for help figuring out how to leverage these sales strategies in your IC business and ultimately double your revenue without working more?
- I invite you to apply for a strategy call with me.
- On this call, we'll dive into your business and get clear on your goals and challenges and determine an action plan for you so that you can create the business impact, income, and flexibility that you desire.
- To get on my calendar, please visit www.consultmelisa.com.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES —
- Click here to download the 27 WAYS TO LAND YOUR NEXT CONSULTING CLIENT
- Click here to download my CHECKLIST FOR BUILDING YOUR CONSULTING PIPELINE IN 26 MINUTES A DAY
- Click here to download the 7 MISTAKES THAT ARE FEEDING YOUR CONSULTING FEAST OR FAMINE CYCLE
RATE, REVIEW, & FOLLOW ON APPLE PODCASTS –
If you love the content that I am providing, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — create a growing, profitable IC business.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
And, if you haven’t done so already, please consider following the podcast. New episodes drop weekly and if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
Learn Where Independent Consultants (Like You) Find New Clients
- The ebook will give you the inspiration you need to create an endless pipeline of clients.
- Find a business development approach that resonates with you, so can actually enjoy your marketing and sales process
- You'll be surprised at how easy some of the methods to find and land new clients can be.