🎙️Show Notes for Episode 089 of the IC PodcastNov 23, 2022
Filling your pipeline starts by identifying where leads come from. A great place to gather leads is through your network.
Relationships are the best way to fill your consulting pipeline. And it's probably how you've landed many, if not all of your existing clients is through existing relationships with decision makers, organizational influencers, past colleagues, past clients, etc.
However, consultants frequently hit a challenge when they want to transition from a “networking” call into an opportunity. Why is that?
There are three common reasons your conversations aren't converting.
In this episode, I will share what those three reasons are, examples of best practices to convert an opportunity and strategies to convert conversations into opportunities.
Key points in this episode:
- [01:35] Sneak Peak
- [02:57] Why relationships are the best way to fill your consulting pipeline
- [08:20] Today's agenda
- [09:00] Check out the guide Filling Your Consulting Pipeline in 26 Minutes a Day
- [10:06] 3 Most common reasons your conversations aren’t converting
- [10:34] You’re not having enough conversations
- [13:51] You’re just going through the motions
- [17:29] You’re making it about you
- [19:36] Example of a best practice to convert into an opp
- [26:42] The strategy to convert conversations into opportunities
- [28:26] Episode recap
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE —
- Check out the guide Filling Your Consulting Pipeline in 26 Minutes a Day https://www.melisaliberman.com/ram
- Check out Episode 080 The Quarterly Focus Project https://www.melisaliberman.com/blog/80
- I invite you to book a Strategy Consultation call with me. On this call, we'll dive into your business, get clear on your goals and challenges and determine an action plan for you so that you can create the business impact, income, and flexibility that you desire. To book yours, please visit https://www.consultmelisa.com
FOR MORE RESOURCES SPECIFIC TO THE INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT —
- Discuss working with me as your coach - Click here to schedule your consultation
- Check out my YouTube Podcast Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUrsHqeAFDkcI8Kqc4QssEQ
RATE, REVIEW, & FOLLOW ON APPLE PODCASTS –
If you love the content that I am providing, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — to create a growing, profitable IC business.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!