🎙️Show Notes for Episode 092 - Assessing Your Business Year (Part 1 of Planning for Independent Business Success series))Dec 14, 2022
Business planning is such a hot topic at this time of the year as we prepare to turn the calendar over and welcome in a new year.
And so over the next five weeks, I’m going to be sharing the formula you can use to plan for independent business success. I'm going to walk you through a five part process that you can use to plan for the best year you've ever had in your independent consulting business.
This process will be broken down into bite-sized pieces, so that you can implement it in between episodes and really step into January with a fully comprehensive plan for you to have the most success in 2023.
This week, we're going to review all five steps of this process and then take a deep dive into step one, assessing this past year to better understand where you are in your business right now.
Key points in this episode:
- [00:29] Planning for your independent business success
- [02:17] An overview of the five step process for independent business success (The Repeatable Goal-Achieving Framework)
- Step 1: Assessing this past year
- Step 2: Set your big goals
- Step 3: Break down those big goals within several dimensions
- Step 4: Plan ahead for obstacles
- Step 5: Establish a follow through system
- [06:08] Today's Agenda (A deep dive into step #1: Assessing this past year)
- [07:45] Download the Yearly Planning Process Workbook For Independent Consultants
- [08:32] Click here to book your free 20-minute IC Planning Review Call
- [10:36] Why are these assessments important
- [16:46] An example for why are these assessments important
- [23:21]The eight best topics that you'll want to assess for your business
- Question 1 - Did you hit your 2022 revenue goal?
- Question 2 -Did you take all the time off you planned(daily, weekly, for the year)?
- Question 3 -On a scale of 1-10, how fulfilled were you?
- Question 4 - What were your wins for this past year?
- Question 5 - What were your setbacks and disappointments?
- Question 6 -What went well?
- Question 7 - What didn't go well?
- Question 8 - What will you do differently?
- [26:36] The three best questions you can be asking yourself and from what vantage point you would want to be asking yourself
- Why Not?
- What’s the Impact?
- [27:30] Episode recap
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE —
- Click here to download the Yearly Planning Process Workbook For Independent Consultants
- Book your free 20-minute 2023 IC Planning Review Call ICGoals.review
- I invite you to book a Strategy Consultation call with me. On this call, we'll dive into your business, get clear on your goals and challenges and determine an action plan for you so that you can create the business impact, income, and flexibility that you desire. To book yours, click here.
FOR MORE RESOURCES SPECIFIC TO THE INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT —
- Discuss working with me as your coach - Click here to schedule your consultation
- Watch my YouTube Podcast Channel
RATE, REVIEW, & FOLLOW ON APPLE PODCASTS –
If you love the content that I am providing, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — to create a growing, profitable IC business.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode.