🎙️Show Notes for Episode 094 of the IC PodcastDec 28, 2022
It is time for part 3 of the 5-step strategy to plan for independent business success in the next 12 months. In this series, I walk you through an effective process you can use to create the best year you have ever had in your independent consulting business.
- In part 1 (episode 092), we focused on assessments. I shared a formula to assess the past 12 months of your consulting business so that you would have a clear and accurate baseline from which to set goals for the next 12 months.
- Part 2 (episode 093) was all about goal setting. I shared a unique approach you can take to set intentional goals, specifically for your independent consulting business, for you as an owner and five things you want to avoid during this process.
This week, we’re diving into part 3 —- creating your 12-month action plan.
In this episode, I share the YQMWD Method to create your 12-month action plan. You’ll learn to use the YQMWD so you set up your business routines and projects in a way that makes achieving your goals inevitable.
So grab your assessments from step 1 and your big goal from step 2, and let’s create and break down your action plan for the year. Putting this process in place will make achieving your business goals inevitable.
Key points in this episode:
- [03:36] Check out part #1 of this 5 part series:EP. 092 Year End Assessment for Independent Consultants (Part 1 of Planning for Independent Business Success Series)
- [05:31] Check out part #2 of this 5 part series: EP. 093 Set Your Yearly Independent Consulting Goals (part 2 of Planning for Independent Business Success series)
- [06:25] Today's agenda (A deep dive into step #3: Creating Your 12-month Action Plan)
- [07:19]Download the Yearly Planning Process Workbook For Independent Consultants
- [07:57] Click here to book your free 20-minute IC Planning Review Call
- [09:01] Assemble Your Advisors
- [10:58] Goal Traceability
- Understand your yearly goal
- Break the yearly goal down into quarters
- Break the quarterly goal down into months
- Break the monthly goal down into weeks
- Break the weekly goal down into daily tasks
- [12:54] Goal Traceability Example
- [24:45] Think about WHO you need to become as a business owner to reach your goals
- [27:06] Two ways to put this into action
- Grab the Yearly Planning Process Workbook For Independent Consultants at melisaliberman.com/plan
- Book a 2023 IC Planning Review Call at www.ICGoals.review
- [27:27] An intro to next week's topic: A deep dive into step #4:Planning for Obstacles
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE —
- Click here to download the Yearly Planning Process Workbook For Independent Consultants
- Book your free 20-minute 2023 IC Planning Review Call ICGoals.review
- I invite you to book a Strategy Consultation call with me. On this call, we'll dive into your business, get clear on your goals and challenges and determine an action plan for you so that you can create the business impact, income, and flexibility that you desire. To book yours, click here.
FOR MORE RESOURCES SPECIFIC TO THE INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT —
- Discuss working with me as your coach - Click here to schedule your consultation
- Watch my YouTube Podcast Channel
RATE, REVIEW, & FOLLOW ON APPLE PODCASTS –
If you love the content that I am providing, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — to create a growing, profitable IC business.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode.