🎙️Show Notes for Episode 095 - Embracing Obstacles (Part 4 of the Planning for Independent Business Success Series)Jan 04, 2023
This week, we’re diving into part 4 of the 5-step process to plan for independent business success in the next 12 months.
In this series, I walk you through an effective process you can use to create the best year you have ever had in your independent consulting business.
- In part 1 (episode 092), we focused on assessments. I shared a formula to assess the past 12 months of your consulting business so that you would have a clear and accurate baseline from which to set goals for the next 12 months.
- Part 2 (episode 093) was all about goal setting. I shared a unique approach you can take to set intentional goals, specifically for your independent consulting business, for you as an owner and five things you want to avoid during this process.
- Part 3 (episode 094) I walked you through creating your 12-month action plan by breaking down your goals into yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily tasks.
Listen in as I share why hitting obstacles in your business is healthy, how to identify possible obstacles in your business, and how to navigate through them.
Key points in this episode:
- [01:04] A review of the first 3 parts of this 5 part series:
- EP. 092 Year End Assessment for Independent Consultants (Part 1 of Planning for Independent Business Success Series)
- EP. 093 Set Your Yearly Independent Consulting Goals (part 2 of Planning for Independent Business Success series)
- EP. 094 Create Your 12-Month Action Plan (Part 3 of the Planning for Independent Business Success Series)
- [04:50] Today's agenda (A deep dive into step #4: Embracing Obstacles)
- [05:06] Download the Yearly Planning Process Workbook For Independent Consultants
- [05:26] Click here to book your free 20-minute IC Planning Review Call
- [06:36] Why hitting obstacles in your business is healthy
- [12:30] The three step process to plan for obstacles
- [12:37] Step #1: Brainstorm your obstacles
- [15:00] Step #2: Define strategies that will help you overcome each of the obstacles you identifies
- [15:37] Step #3: Systemize your plan to overcome obstacles
- [16:07] Three examples for planning for obstacles
- [16:21] Example #1
- [19:17] Example #2
- [21:35] Example #3
- [24:34] Three next steps to put this into action
- Add the strategies to the action plan you created from last week’s episode (#094)
- Grab the Yearly Planning Process Workbook For Independent Consultants
- Book a 2023 IC Planning Review Call at ICgoals.review
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE —
- Click here to download the Yearly Planning Process Workbook For Independent Consultants
- Book your free 20-minute 2023 IC Planning Review Call ICGoals.review
- I invite you to book a Strategy Consultation call with me. On this call, we'll dive into your business, get clear on your goals and challenges and determine an action plan for you so that you can create the business impact, income, and flexibility that you desire. To book yours, click here.
FOR MORE RESOURCES SPECIFIC TO THE INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT —
- Discuss working with me as your coach - Click here to schedule your consultation
- Watch my YouTube Podcast Channel
RATE, REVIEW, & FOLLOW ON APPLE PODCASTS –
If you love the content that I am providing, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — to create a growing, profitable IC business.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode.