🎙️Show Notes for Episode 096 - Create a Follow-Through System To Make Achieving Your Goals Inevitable (Part 5 of Planning for Independent Business Success series)Jan 11, 2023
In this series, I’ve walked you through an effective process to create the best year you’ve ever had in your independent consulting business.
- Part 1 (episode 092), we focused on assessments. I shared a formula to assess the past 12 months of your consulting business so that you would have a clear and accurate baseline from which to set goals for the next 12 months.
- Part 2 (episode 093) was all about goal setting. I shared a unique approach you can take to set intentional goals, specifically for your independent consulting business, for you as an owner and five things you want to avoid during this process.
- Part 3 (episode 094) I walked you through creating your 12-month action plan by breaking down your goals into yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily tasks.
- Part 4 (episode 095) I share why hitting obstacles in your business is healthy for growth in your business and as a CEO and walked you through a process to anticipate and plan for all the potential obstacles you’ll face, so the obstacles are built into your annual and quarterly business success plans and don’t take you by surprise or off course.
So often you create phenomenal plans for your business, and then they just gather dust. I want to make sure that this year you're able to keep up with the plan you’ve laid out and ensure that it is part of the operating system of your consulting business.
Listen in as I share what I'm calling the magic formula to follow through with the actions required to reach your goals.
This magic formula is the playbook that you can leverage at any time to guide you to have that level of success that you've been wanting to achieve.
Key points in this episode:
- Photos of my updated office
- [03:16] A review of the first 4 parts of this 5 part series:
- EP. 092 Year End Assessment for Independent Consultants (Part 1 of Planning for Independent Business Success Series)
- EP. 093 Set Your Yearly Independent Consulting Goals (part 2 of Planning for Independent Business Success series)
- EP. 094 Create Your 12-Month Action Plan (Part 3 of the Planning for Independent Business Success Series)
- EP. 095 Embracing Obstacles (Part 4 of the Planning for Independent Business Success Series)
- [07:31] Today's agenda (A deep dive into step #5: Create A Follow-Through System To Make Achieving Your Goals Inevitable)
- [10:45] Download the Yearly Planning Process Workbook For Independent Consultants
- [11:16] Click here to book your free 20-minute IC Planning Review Call
- [12:16] Magic formula to follow through with the actions required to reach your goals
- Honor Your Commitments
- Conduct Regular Assessments
- Engage in Business Owner mindset work
- [28:26] How to make this the last year you say...
- “I know what to do but I don’t do it”
- “I have this goal but I don’t know how to ___.”
- [29:36] Three next steps to put this episode into action
- Follow through with the plan you created from the first 4 parts (episode 92 up through today’s)
- Grab the Yearly Planning Process Workbook For Independent Consultants
- Book a 2023 IC Planning Review Call at ICgoals.review
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE —
- Click here to download the Yearly Planning Process Workbook For Independent Consultants
- Book your free 20-minute 2023 IC Planning Review Call ICGoals.review
- I invite you to book a Strategy Consultation call with me. On this call, we'll dive into your business, get clear on your goals and challenges and determine an action plan for you so that you can create the business impact, income, and flexibility that you desire. To book yours, click here.
FOR MORE RESOURCES SPECIFIC TO THE INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT —
- Discuss working with me as your coach - Click here to schedule your consultation
- Watch my YouTube Podcast Channel
RATE, REVIEW, & FOLLOW ON APPLE PODCASTS –
If you love the content that I am providing, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — to create a growing, profitable IC business.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode.