🎙️Show Notes for Episode 097 - The Most Neglected Consulting OffersJan 18, 2023
Do you get stuck because you’re not sure how to turn a conversation into a potential consulting opportunity? You meet a new potential client and you’re not sure how to progress from initial meeting into a discovery process, and ultimately to a signed engagement contract.
In this episode, I share a tool you can use to convert more of your conversations (networking, people you meet at events, your existing network, etc.) into consulting opportunities by identifying and building out what is the most neglected and overlooked type of consulting offer.
After you're aware of what this neglected consulting offer type is, you’ll be able to add it into your business development process, and ultimately improve the predictability of your consulting pipeline, improve your close rates, and increase the number of client follow-on engagements.
Key points in this episode:
- [01:31] A side note about Cliff Notes
- [02:16] How today's topic came about
- [05:01] Take the Independent Consultant’s Offer Scorecard
- [07:04] Today's agenda
- [08:35] What is an offer?
- [09:58] Common Consultant Thinking About Offers
- [12:46] Overlooked & Neglected Types of Offers
- [14:55] An example of a compelling offer
- [20:33] 7 Consulting Offer mistakes to avoid
- [26:21] Specific next steps to put this into action
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE —
- Click here to take the Independent Consultant’s Offer Scorecard
- I invite you to book a Strategy Consultation call with me. On this call, we'll dive into your business, get clear on your goals and challenges and determine an action plan for you so that you can create the business impact, income, and flexibility that you desire. To book yours, click here.
FOR MORE RESOURCES SPECIFIC TO THE INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT —
- Discuss working with me as your coach - Click here to schedule your consultation
- Watch my YouTube Podcast Channel
RATE, REVIEW, & FOLLOW ON APPLE PODCASTS –
If you love the content that I am providing, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — to create a growing, profitable IC business.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode.